Have you insured your business with commercial insurance? Are you looking for ways to cover all those extra costs that your commercial insurance doesn’t cover? Well, we will talk all about what is commercial insurance and commercial Umbrella insurance.
We will also discuss how both these insurances are different from each other. So, if this is something that interests you, then keep reading below. Let’s get started!
What is Commercial Insurance?
Commercial Insurance NJ is the legitimate insurance covering all your businesses, ownerships and employees. Since the business varies a lot in its form, insurance also comes in different shapes and sizes.
Insurance aims to protect businesses from potential risks and their reputation and financial situation. Not just that, they also cover employees working and the ownership as well.
Commercial Insurance can even cover stakeholders, and it differs from personal insurance since they have higher coverage limits.
Types of Commercial Insurances
- Commercial auto and equipment Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- Worker Compensation insurance
- Business interruption Insurance
- Business owner policy Insurance
What is Commercial Umbrella Insurance?
Commercial Umbrella Insurance NJ is the type of insurance that provides you additional coverage for covering those costs that do not fall within the liability policy limits.
If you do not have this insurance, you will have to pay more for the liability claims than the actual coverage limits. Some liability claims that you might have to pay for are:
- Medical costs
- Legal bills
- Damage caused to other people’s property.
- Costs incurred due to judgment and settlement.
There are set limits for such insurance prepared by the insurance companies/ they can fall around the range of $1 million to $15 million.
What does the Commercial Umbrella Insurance Policy cover?
Let us see what claims lie under the umbrella of insurance:
- Injury to a person; employee, or customer
- Damage caused to somebody’s personal belongings due to your business.
This insurance covers claims and the costs covered by the general liability Insurance. Therefore, you are eligible for this insurance only if General Liability Insurance.
Comparison between Commercial Insurance and Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Commercial Insurance is a necessity for protecting business and its commodities like property, automobiles, etc. But, at the same time, Commercial Umbrella Insurance is taken when you want to cover all those extra costs that you may incur due to some ill-happening.
- Commercial Insurance is the main business insurance you should buy to protect yourself from potential risks. Umbrella Insurance can only be levied if you have commercial insurance since it is an extension of the same.
Now that we have drawn a comparison between commercial insurance and commercial Umbrella insurance, you will be able to judge which one you should buy for your business. Commercial Insurance is a given for insuring your business.
Umbrella insurance will help cover all those extra costs that basic insurance do not cover. Therefore, we can conclude that both insurances are important, but commercial insurance exceeds Umbrella Insurance.