Lead generation helps create customer interest for a product with the final goal to sell it. Online marketing involves filling a web form to collect the visitor’s contact details.
Lead generation is a major ingredient of the sales funnel for companies. Collecting new leads helps businesses educate prospects about their products through social media channels, email marketing, etc. and make them purchase the products.
How does lead generation function?
The two major parts of the lead generation process are diverting traffic to your website and convincing them to share their contact details.
The first step is to look for ways to attract prospects to your site. Depending on your business objectives and budget, you can choose ways to attract prospective buyers to your website. Some of the major ways to divert traffic are:
- Search Engine Marketing: SEM means paying search engines to show your ads in their search results.
- Search Engine Optimization: SEO is the same as SEM, it means getting traffic from search engines, but you don’t need to pay search engines for it, rather follow their guidelines and optimize your website according to search engine algorithms.
- Social media: Driving traffic from social media channels has become quite common. Just post content, pay for ads and you can drive a lot of traffic.
- Ads: Put ads on relevant websites to drive traffic to your website using PPC models.
Once a visitor visits your website, you should aim to convert them to leads using an online form. According to a lead gen expert, some efficient marketing strategies to generate leads are:
- Content: Offering top-quality content for contact details. Providing a white paper, eBook or video entices prospects and they provide you with their contact information easily.
- Webinars: A live video session about a specific topic can be great. It will not just create leads but educate and convert them.
- Landing pages: They are the best lead generation too. If your product is compelling, which solves a major problem of people, then a landing page or sales page is the best way.
After the lead is generated, the digital marketing team will nurture it through marketing campaigns. Once nurtured, a prospect will get convinced to buy on your website, thereby turning into a customer.
Improve your lead generation
Apart from increasing your website traffic, there are several ways to optimize your website to drive leads. As content is the primary incentive to drive leads, website owners should experiment with different content pieces, CTA placement, and lead magnets to know what content performs best.
A lead form is yet another conversion funnel part that should be optimized. Experiment with f forms to see which one benefits you the best.
You can use several methods to enhance your lead generation, from adding a clear Call-to-Action to making your site easy to navigate and free from distraction.
You can also go for A/B testing to test different changes on your website to find out which ones boost your conversion rate. Testing helps you make data-driven decisions about your website.
Other than this, if you want more help with lead gen, then get in touch with a lead gen expert and know about customized tips for lead generation.